While the Android 4.4 update is now available for most flagship Android devices, Samsung, on the other hand, has finally released the long-awaited Android 4.3 Jellybean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. The new Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 includes a complete UI redesign and a slew of new exciting features.
The Android 4.3 update is now available via OTA update worldwide if you prefer to manually install Android updates on your phone, a step-by-step guide to installing the latest Android 4.3 update on the Galaxy S3.
NEW OPTIONS IN THE ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE FOR THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
- Support for the Galaxy Gear.
- TRIM assistance (makes the device much faster).
- The core UI elements have been updated to match those found on the Galaxy S4 (the Galaxy S4 theme is used throughout).
- Samsung’s new keyboard.
- The graphics card drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores).
- Added a new lock screen: Multiple widgets, a better ripple effect than Android 4.1. The ability to change the size of clock and set a personal message
- New Screen Modes (Starting with the Galaxy S4): Display and Professional Photo should be adjusted.
- Mode of operation.
- Actionable notifications.
- The SD-card-to-SD-card feature.
- Notification Center has been updated.
- Settings UI has been completely redesigned (Tabbed interface-exactly like the Galaxy S4).
- Voice control implementation (Lets you control various phone parts using voice commands-Galaxy S4 feature).
- New Samsung apps include a calculator, a clock, contracts, a gallery, and music.
- Samsung app in full-screen mode.
- S-Voice 2.0 (from Galaxy S4).
WHAT WILL YOU REQUIRE?
Before we go any further, let’s double-check what we’ll need to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3. So here’s the rundown.
- Get the official Android 4.3 update here: I9300XXUGMK6.
- Install Odin 3.073. Download and install the Galaxy S3 USB drivers.
- A high-quality USB data cable.
- Go to Settings > System > Developer Options > Debugging > USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3 to enable USB Debugging.
Assuming you have all of the above requirements, you can follow the instructions below to flash the official Android 4.3 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
HOW TO INSTALL THE ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
- Step 1: Download and unzip the Android 4.3 zip file to your desktop.
- Step 2: Unzip the Odin 3.07 zip file and launch Odin.
- Step 3: Turn off your phone and then turn it back on by pressing and holding the following button combination: Down volume + Home + Power button.
- Step 4: When you see the screen below, press the volume up button to enter download mode.
- Step 5: Use a data cable to connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC. Odin will detect your Galaxy S3 and display an Added message once caught.
- Step 6: Select only the Auto-reboot and F.Reset Time options, leaving the other options unchecked.
- Step 7: Open the location where you extracted the files zip file by clicking the PDA button. Next, choose the I9300XXUGMK6 I9300OXAGMK6 I9300XXUGMK6 HOME.tar.md5 file and press the Ok button.
- Step 8: To begin, press the Start button to install the Official Android 4.3 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Step 9: Wait until the update has been installed and you see a Pass notification with a green background on your Android phone. The USB data cable can now be disconnected from your phone, and begin installing Android 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy S3.